A dental crown serves many cosmetic and restorative services for patients of all ages. A dental crown is fitted to cover, or cap, the existing tooth to improve its function and appearance. Whether you need a crown after a root canal, to replace a missing tooth, or address damaged teeth, Smiles of Trinity Family Dentistry has the solutions you need.
Trinity, FL dentist Dr. Gianni Franceschi offers a wide range of dental crowns to suit your dental goals, budget, and cosmetic needs. Visit us to explore the benefits that dental crowns in Trinity have to offer.
Who Needs a Dental Crown?
We may recommend a dental crown to address a wide range of cosmetic and restorative needs. After a complete dental evaluation, Dr. Franceschi may recommend a dental crown for one or more of the following reasons:
- To change the overall shape, color, or appearance of a tooth
- To address tooth damaged, fractures, chips, and cracks
- Completes a single tooth dental implant
- Stabilize a tooth after a root canal
- Support a dental bridge
For patients with missing teeth, Dr. Franceschi can assess your smile and determine if a dental implant is right for you. Single tooth dental implant can restore function to your smile and improve your dental health.
Types of Dental Crowns
We offer a full range of dental crown materials to suit your cosmetic goals, budget, and dental care needs. After an in-depth evaluation and discussion with Dr. Franceschi, we can determine which solution is right for you.
Dental crowns material may include the following:
- Porcelain: Dental porcelain is designed to resemble natural teeth. It is durable enough to withstand the stresses of everyday wear and tear while providing a beautiful solution to many dental concerns.
- Zirconia: Zirconia is durable and strong, requires less tooth preparation, and can be customized to blend with the existing teeth.
- IPS e.max®: It is made of monolithic lithium disilicate ceramic and can be designed to fit your aesthetic goals.
- Porcelain fused to gold: This consists of a layer of alloy that is then covered with dental porcelain.
There is a wider range of dental crown material to choose from than ever before. Under the guidance of your experienced dental care team, our patients can achieve a stronger, more cohesive smile.
How Is A Dental Crown Placed?
To ensure the best result possible, Dr. Franceschi will begin the dental crown process by removing any decay from the affected tooth. The goal during this process is to preserve as much of the natural tooth structure as possible. After the tooth is prepared, we will take impressions of our teeth, which are used to create your custom dental crown. While your custom crown is fabricated, we may place a temporary crown for added comfort.
Once your crown is ready, we will invite you back to our office for your final fitting and crown placements. Dr. Franceschi will remove the temporary crown and place your new custom crown. If necessary, any minor adjustments are made during this final appointment. In addition, we will also check your bite and alignment to ensure you can chew and speak comfortably.
Schedule a Dental Crown Consultation
If you have sustained tooth damage, need a root canal, or would like to replace a missing tooth, please visit our Trinity dentist office for a consultation. Dr. Franceschi can work with you to determine if a custom dental crown is right for your smile. To schedule your consultation, call 727.376.6969 or request an appointment online.