Are you avoiding the dentist due to dental fear or anxiety?
Well, you’re not alone. Many patients avoid visiting the dentist due to dental fear or anxiety, which may stem from a past bad dental experience or a fear of needles or drill. Whatever the case, it is important to find a dentist who takes the time to listen to your needs and offer solutions that are right for you. A dental care team that offers compassionate and experienced care can work with you to alleviate your fear through personalized treatment planning and open lines of communication between you and your dentist.
At Smiles of Trinity Family Dentistry, we offer compassionate, high-quality dentistry for patients of all ages. We understand that dental fear can stem from a variety of different reasons, so we work with you to create a positive dental experience where you feel empowered and comfortable. In advanced cases, we offer sedation dentistry for anxious and fearful patients. Dr. Gianni Franceschi will evaluate your needs and recommend the appropriate type of sedation for you. Your ultimate comfort and safety are important to our team, so we make every effort to ensure you have a positive dental experience during your visit.
Is Sedation Dentistry Right For Me?
There is a wide range of dental sedation options to choose form. During your appointment, we will explore all viable sedation options and recommend the best solution for you. We will discuss your medical history, dental health needs, and any other pertinent information before recommending the appropriate type of sedation for your needs.
- Complex dental problem
- Advanced restorative dentistry procedures
- Multiple procedures
- Difficulty getting or staying numb
- A bad gag reflex
- Past dental trauma
- Tooth sensitivity
- Movement disorder
- Fear of drills and needles
What Are My Sedation Options?
Dr. Franceschi offers a full range of dental sedation options and works with each patient on an individual basis to recommend the appropriate sedation option for their needs. Our team will discuss all pertinent information before recommending or administered any type of dental sedation. We aim to keep you comfortable and informed through all stages of your visit.
- Oral sedation: This oral sedative is prescribed in the form of a pill to help you feel relaxed and comfortable throughout your procedure. This type of sedation is taken prior to your scheduled treatment, so you must coordinate and escort to and from your visit.
- Nitrous Oxide: This type of sedation is commonly referred to as “laughing Gas’ and is administered through a nasal mask during your treatment. Under this type of sedation, patients only feel its effects when the dentist administers the gas. In many cases, patients may resume normal activities after their appointment.
Sedation Dentistry in Trinity, FL
If you would like to learn more about sedation dentistry and explore its benefits, visit our Trinity dentist office. Don’t let dental fear and anxiety be the reason your dental health suffers. Our team works diligently to ensure each of our patients are comfortable and relaxed during all phases of their visit to our dental practice. To schedule your appointment, call 727.268.0180, or request an appointment online.