The Winning Smile Benefits Of Porcelain Veneers
When it comes to a brighter smile, patients have a lot of cosmetic treatment options available. If you are embarrassed about cracks, chips, or discoloration in the front teeth, porcelain veneers offer an immediate, long-term solution.
Dr. Gianni Franceschi and Smiles of Trinity Dentistry in New Port Richey, FL, can explain the benefits of porcelain veneers and compare them to other cosmetic options so that you can make an informed decision about your treatment.
Natural-Looking Solution. Immediate Results.
Veneers are thin porcelain restorations placed over the front of a tooth to conceal minor cosmetic flaws such as:
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Tooth discoloration
- Spaces between teeth
- Oddly shaped or differently sized teeth
- Minor misalignment
While a number of different cosmetic treatments can address these same problems, there are many benefits to porcelain veneers in particular:
- Natural appearance: Because they are made of porcelain, veneers mimic the sheen and translucency of your natural smile. Most people will never even notice the difference.
- Immediate results: Once the veneers are in place, you will notice an immediate difference in your smile. Consequently, they are often recommended for patients who do not have the time to undergo extensive orthodontic treatment for straighter teeth.
- Effective on intrinsic stains: If you have intrinsic stains on the deeper layers of a tooth, whitening alone may not be enough. As an added bonus, veneers are stain-resistant so you will maintain your bright new smile for years to come.
- Long-lasting results: Porcelain veneers are durable and can last anywhere from 10 to 30 years with proper care.
Porcelain Veneers Combined with Other Treatments
Porcelain veneers are often combined with other cosmetic dental treatments for a comprehensive smile makeover. Your doctor may recommend pairing veneers with teeth whitening, dental fillings, or dental crowns to completely revamp your smile.
Are Veneers Right for You?
While porcelain veneers provide high-quality results, they are not always the best option for every patient. Patients should consider:
- Permanence: Because enamel must be shaved down conservatively to place a veneer, they cannot be removed. If you do not want to immediately commit to veneers, dental bonding may be a better option.
- Weaker teeth: If your teeth are weak or sensitive, the preparation required to place a veneer may leave them prone to further damage. Some patients also report increased sensitivity to temperature changes.
- History of teeth grinding: Veneers are not recommended if you have a habit of grinding your teeth or clenching your jaw, which can leave cracks in the porcelain or even weaken it enough to come off.
Veneers are not a replacement for good oral hygiene. Just because your veneers look good now does not mean you are free from brushing and flossing. However, if you are careful about what you eat you and refrain from bad habits like biting your nails, chewing ice, or opening bags or bottles with your teeth, your veneers should continue to look beautiful for years.
Contact Smiles of Trinity Dentistry
Dr. Gianni Franceschi has been practicing for over two decades. Porcelain veneers are just one tool among many that he can use to enhance and strengthen your smile. Go online today to schedule an appointment or call (727) 376-6969.
“The doctor and staff go the extra mile to make sure I am comfortable and understand exactly what is taking place. I have been a patient for over 5 years and am 110 percent satisfied.” Randee W.