Guard Your Oral Health With Routine Preventative Dentistry
Dr. Gianni Franceschi is committed to his patients’ optimal oral and general health and places a huge emphasis on preventive dentistry at our New Port Richey, FL, office. These types of treatments are a simple and affordable way to guard against more costly treatment in the future. At Smiles of Trinity Dentistry, preventative dentistry can include routine cleanings and exams to check for tooth decay and gum disease, fluoride treatments to help protect your teeth, and screenings and x-rays with state-of-the-art technology to detect the earliest stages of oral cancer and other serious health issues.
The Importance of Preventative Dentistry
Avoiding the dentist for routine visits and not maintaining a healthy oral hygiene regimen at home can lead to costly and painful dental problems in the future. It can also have a serious effect on your overall oral and physical health. Research has found a correlation between the health of your mouth and your body’s health. When oral health issues go unaddressed, they may raise your risk for endocarditis, cardiovascular disease, and premature birth and low birth weight.
Dr. Franceschi can detect the early signs of tooth decay, monitor teeth and jaw development, and help keep your mouth and body as healthy as possible so you can enjoy your natural teeth for a lifetime.
This type of care is especially important for our young patients. If a child learns the importance of caring for their teeth at an early age, they are more likely to have healthy teeth and a solid oral healthcare regimen as an adult. With preventative dentistry, Dr. Franceschi can detect the early signs of tooth decay, monitor teeth and jaw development, and help keep your mouth and body as healthy as possible so you can enjoy your natural teeth for a lifetime.
Preventative Dentistry Procedures
The procedures included in preventative dentistry range from routine basic care to advanced technology scans and x-rays. Below are the preventative measures we provide for our patients at Smiles of Trinity Dentistry:
- Cleanings and Exams: Seeing a dentist routinely every six months can help prevent serious oral health issues from developing. During your cleaning, a hygienist will remove plaque and tartar buildup from your teeth to help prevent tooth decay and gum disease. The latest in x-ray technology will also provide Dr. Franceschi the ability to monitor changes in the teeth.
- Dental Sealants: If the early signs of tooth decay are diagnosed and not serious enough for dental fillings, Dr. Franceschi can provide dental sealants for both children and adults. Painted on the back teeth to form a clear plastic coating, dental sealants cover and fill in small pits and grooves to prevent food particles from getting caught and causing cavities.
- Fluoride Treatment: This mineral found in both toothpaste and drinking water helps reverse the side effects of early tooth decay and provides a protection against subsequent decay. For patients that need additional support, Dr. Franceschi can administer fluoride treatments in our office.
- Oral Cancer Screenings: This advanced technology helps detect the early signs of oral cancer. This disease can affect both smokers and non-smokers and is typically undetectable to the untrained eye in its earliest stages. By catching it early, you have a much higher chance of survival.
- Patient Education: We are passionate and committed to equipping our patients with the necessary tools on how to care for their teeth.
Benefits of Preventative Dentistry
This type of dentistry is an affordable way to guard against restorative treatments, such as dental crowns and implant-supported restorations. In most cases, the procedures provided in preventative dentistry are covered by your insurance, so there is minimal out of pocket costs involved. Routinely visiting your dentist provides benefits for our patients of all ages, including tooth decay and cavity prevention, gum disease detection and reversal, and long-lasting oral health.
Schedule Your Consultation
At Smiles of Trinity Dentistry, the moment you walk in the door you will be treated like family. Our goal is to provide you with the best care available in a family-friendly and comfortable environment. To schedule your preventative dentistry appointment, contact our office today.
“The doctor and staff go the extra mile to make sure I am comfortable and understand exactly what is taking place. I have been a patient for over 5 years and am 110 percent satisfied.” Randee W.